To help us improve our site, we sometimes collect and store data that shows how people use it – however, none of this is personal data that can be linked to individual members.
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to, and stored on, your computer, smartphone or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow us to tailor the website user's experience to you (for example, by remembering previous preferences you have set).
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Although this policy refers to 'cookies' throughout, it also includes similar technologies including Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects (LSOs). Read more about them here.
The following cookies are used on this website
- Session cookie - this tells us that you are actively using our site. This cookie allows us to know how many users are visiting the website at any given time. Session cookies expire on exit - they disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- Cookie-agreed - this stores information if the user has accepted the T&C policy.
- _ga - this Google Analytics cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the site's analytics reports.
- _gat - this Google Analytics cookie is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 10 minutes.
- _gid - this Google Analytics cookie is used to throttle the request rate - limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. It expires after 24 hours.
The RMPP website uses 'analytics' cookies to help us make the website better for those who visit it regularly. They help us work out what users like and don't like, as well as ways we can improve the website and its content. It is possible to opt out of having your anonymised browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies. The Trustee uses Google Analytics and you can opt out of their cookies by clicking on this link.
How to manage cookies
Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on a website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how websites work. If you block cookies completely, many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. This is very important because any settings that you change in your browser will not just affect RMPP website cookies, but will also apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites).
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- see the cookies that have been set and delete them on an individual basis
- block third party cookies
- block cookies from particular sites
- block all cookies from being set
- delete all cookies when you close your browser.
If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website, or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser's 'help' function will tell you how to do this.
When our website provides links to other websites, please bear in mind that third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies that will govern the use of any information you submit. We recommend you read their policies, as the Trustee is not responsible or liable for their privacy practices.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Trustee and, while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Trustee. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or an endorsement of the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Trustee takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.